Yields: Approximately 6 servings
- 3/4 cup steel cut oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sliced nuts (I used a combination of cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts and pecans)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, the nuts, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Give mixture a good stir and sprinkle apple pieces on top. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes depending on your oven but I would definitely advise watching it so it does not brown too quickly. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.