- 1 large cauliflower (makes 2 large servings, or 4 side dish portions)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Rinse cauliflower under cool water and dry well.
- Use a food processor to pulse the cauliflower until it is a course texture. If you don’t have a food processor, using a cheese grater or knife to cut the cauliflower to small pieces can work as well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic for several minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and continue to sauté for 4–5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve in place of rice with a stir fry, or as a bed of “cauliflower rice” under your favorite protein (fish, chicken, or other meat or meat alternative of choice).
*Note: Don’t expect cauliflower rice to taste like rice, nor am I against rice in any way. Cauliflower rice gives a lower calorie, grain-free option to your favorite dishes. If you don’t like cauliflower, you probably won’t like cauliflower rice 😉