For the meatballs;
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream
For the sauce;
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp curry simmer sauce (I found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- *You can also use curry paste but watch the added sugar.
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a sheet pan with aluminum foil and coat with olive oil. Mix ground meat with all ingredients listed above for the meatballs.
- Mix well and form golf ball size meatballs (about 20 meatballs).
- Bake first side 20 minutes and flip side 15 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- In the meantime, mix ingredients under “sauce”. Slow simmer over medium-low heat. Keep stirring the sauce until everything is combined and reduced to a thicker sauce.
- Once the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened, add the meatballs to the sauce.
- Enjoy over zoodles (zucchini noodles) or cauliflower rice!
Recipe adapted from http://iheartumami.com/creamy-coconut-milk-meatballs/