Baba Ganoush is a middle-eastern dip made from roasted eggplant and is a healthy and enjoyable alternative to many other dips!
- 1 large eggplant, pierced with a fork in several places
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- olive oil to garnish
- Peel and slice onion in half and lay on a large sheet of foil with the eggplant and wrap well.
- Put into very hot oven at 400°F-425°F for approximately 1 hour or until the eggplant is very soft.
- Scoop out eggplant flesh from skin and put into food processor with the onion and remaining ingredients.
- Pulse a few times until you have a nice chunky dip. Check for seasoning and adjust if required.
- Dish out onto serving plate and drizzle with olive oil, if desired.