Quick, simple, and delicious dinner!
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 Italian sausage links, removed from casings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 mini sweet mini peppers (or 1 large bell pepper)
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, optional.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut ends from zucchini and slice in half.
- Remove center portion from zucchini and set aside.
- Place zucchini halves in shallow baking pan with 1/2-in. water and place in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice onion, peppers, and middle portion of zucchini that was set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in large skillet pan and add onion and minced garlic until translucent and fragrant. Add peppers, zucchini and sausage and cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Once zucchini halves are done, remove from oven and drain excess water.
- Pour pizza sauce around bottom of baking pan, add sausage mixture, and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top, cover with foil and bake for about 15 more minutes.
- Remove foil, put oven on BROIL and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is browned (if using).
- Cool and enjoy!