So I am not much of a “cooked carrot” person but this recipe may have changed my mind! I found the recipe and adapted it a bit HollywoodHomestead.com.
These root vegetables are sweet and make the perfect fall treat (I’m a poet and didn’t even know it)!
- 1 bunch of colored carrots (I used orange and purple)
- 1/4 cup ghee/clarified butter/or grass-fed butter (I like Pure Indian Foods ghee)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Sea salt (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Wash, scrub and cut carrots into 1 inch sections.
- Place in a medium bowl and toss with melted ghee, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- Mix well until carrots are fully coated.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.