- I bunch kale
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bulb kohlrabi, peeled (don’t know what kohlrabi is, see below!)
- 4-5 rainbow carrots
- 1 apple
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- Wash and cut the kale into bite size pieces (removing the stalk) and scrub other vegetables well
- Place the kale into a large bowl and coat with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Massage well to tenderize the leaves.
- Cut the kohlrabi and rainbow carrots into smaller pieces and place in food processor and pulse 2-3 times or grate well.
- Add to a separate bowl or mix with kale.
- Chop apple into small pieces and add to kohlrabi and carrots.
- Lastly add raisins, remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix together well.
- You can either leave the kale and rainbow slaw separate and add some slaw to the kale when serving or go ahead and mix together.
Makes a great addition to any meal!
Sooo, what the heck is kohlrabi you ask?
It’s part bulb, part greens and like a cross between a radish, jicama, broccoli, and collard greens. Try it raw or roasted!