This recipe is 30 mins start to finish and loaded with vegetables!
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups onion diced
- 6 garlic gloves, minced
- Grass-fed beef from Butcher Box
- 1-14 oz can organic pumpkin
- 1-14 oz can black beans (omit for Paleo/Whole30
- 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- Frozen cauliflower rice or other veggies such as zucchini or bell peppers
- 1.5 cups chicken broth (added extra for insta pot, could use 3/4 cup for stovetop or crockpot
- 2 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder (plus more to taste)
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Either in a large pan over medium heat or using the ‘saute’ function on the Instant Pot. Add the oil and saute the onions and garlic, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add the ground beef and break it up as it browns so that it cooks evenly. Cook until meat is nearly cooked through (~8-10 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients (pumpkin, diced tomatoes, black beans if using, other vegetables and spices, etc.) and stir.
- Using the Instant Pot, close lid and set vent valve to ‘sealing’ position and cook on ‘High Pressure’ setting for 12 minutes. Slow release when finished cooking. If using a slow cooker, cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with additional toppings, as desired such as avocado, onions, cheese (omit for paleo/Whole 30), tortilla chips, crackers, etc.