Easy Homemade Granola
I like to call this the “whatever I have in my pantry” granola because you can literally throw it together with whatever you have and keep is as simple or complex as you like!
12 – 1/2 cup servings
- 4 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup nuts & seeds (I used raw almonds, pepitas & sunflower seeds), 1/3 of each)
- 1 tsp HImalayan sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (can also use avocado oil or grapeseed oil)
- 1/4-1/3 cup raw honey or local maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Optional Add Ins;
- Spices such as turmeric, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice
- dried fruits with no added sugar
- chia seeds
- dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts/seeds, sea salt and desired spices
4. In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil (or other healthy oil) with vanilla and honey/maple syrup
5. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir gently until well combined.
6. Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, remove from oven, stir, and bake for additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned
8. Add coconut flakes and return to oven for about 2-5 minutes if you like the flakes toasted.
9. Mix in any additional add-ins or enjoy as is! Can be stored for several weeks in jar or sealed container.
For a balanced breakfast or snack, boost protein by enjoying with a plant-based milk such as Ripple (8g protein) or grass-fed yogurt (8-11g protein). Also great on top of a smoothie bowl made with high quality protein powder (10-20g protein)